What is the Roy Data system?

The Roy Data system has existed since 1 September 2007. In the past, the statement was used to show claim-free years. Nowadays, however, a digital system is used in which your claim-free years are registered. When you take out a new car insurance, your new insurer consults Roy Data to see how many claim-free years you have. This way they can grant the right premium discount.

Take out car insurance? Calculate the premium!

Roy Data system not always up to date

Do bear in mind that the data in the Roy Data system is not always up to date. Claim-free years are only registered when an insurance policy is terminated. The data is therefore updated as soon as the insurance policy is terminated. If you still have a car insurance, these claim-free years are not yet registered in Roy Data. It is therefore possible that you have built up more claim-free years in the meantime. Did you already claim damage with your new car insurance? Then you will have to hand in claim-free years and you will fall back on the bonus malus ladder.

How long will my data be in the Roy Data system?

Claim-free years are not valid indefinitely. After cancelling your car insurance, your claim-free years are valid for 3 years with most insurers. This differs per insurer. With some insurers this is only 2 years, with others 4 or even 5 years. Always check how many claim-free years are valid with your insurer when you take out your car insurance. This way you know how long your claim-free years will remain in the Roy Data system.

What should I do if my data in the system is incorrect?

You can access your data in the Roy Data system on the website of Stichting EPS. There you will find the right of inspection form. Fill this in and send it in digitally, together with a copy of your proof of identity. After sending the form, it may take a while before you receive your claim-free years. In most cases this takes a maximum of 28 days.

Sometimes the data is not correct. This can happen if, for example, the insurer has registered the wrong number of claim-free years. If you suspect an error, you can contact the insurer concerned. There is no point in contacting Stichting EPS about this. Stichting EPS cannot and may not adjust claim-free years.

Take out a car insurance policy now!

  • i To calculate the premiums, we need the postal code of the main driver. In case of private use, the youngest driver must reside at the same address as the applicant. In case of business use you can fill in the postal code of the company.

How do we do it?

Last updated: 06-12-2021

Compare, insure, unburden

We can be reached via Chat, Whatsapp, phone or email

Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more.
We are available from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00.

Contact us